Currently for academic year 2015/2016 admissions, places are only available in Years 2, 3, 10 and 12. Please contact the school for more details as limited places exist.
The school is committed to accepting pupils that can benefit from being educated at Byron College. We are particularly interested in recruiting children of good character who can make a contribution to the school's community.
The school's admissions policy does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, gender or nationality.
Upon contacting the school an appointment will be arranged with the Head of School. Although new pupils are expected to begin their studies in September it is not unusual for children to join the school mid-year. In any event the academic programme to be studied will be agreed at interview with the Head of School and will, where necessary, be informed by the results of diagnostic placement tests in English and/or Mathematics. New entrants should also expect to meet with specialist subject teachers especially when they hope to enter exam classes.
Once the child has been accepted into Byron College by the Head of School and the parent(s) decide that Byron is the School of their choice, they are required to complete an application for each pupil. The procedure is as follows:
Complete and sign the:
- Application form
- Medical form (annual)
- Fee Agreement form (annual)
- Parent Consent form for Offsite Activities/ Trips (annual)
- Registration Fee
- Two passport size Photographs of your child
- Photocopy of the pupil's Passport
- Pupil's valid Residence Permit
- Photocopy of parent's Passport
- A transcript, in English, of academic performance from the pupil's previous school.
- A letter of reference from the school previously attended which gives us more information on academic potential, sociability, participation in school activities, etc.
Parents are requested to complete all sections of the application form in as much detail as possible. Parents are also requested to provide recent, sealed, original reports from the previous school, (unless it is the first year of school). If this information is not available or inadequate we will ask for a Reference to provided by the previous school. This is the responsibility of the parent to obtain and ensure we have to complete the admissions process.