The school is committed to accepting pupils that can benefit from being educated at Byron College. We are particularly interested in recruiting children of good character who can make a contribution to the school's community.
The school's admissions policy does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, gender or nationality.
Upon contacting the school an appointment will be arranged with the Head of School. Although new pupils are expected to begin their studies in September it is not unusual for children to join the school mid-year. In any event the academic programme to be studied will be agreed at interview with the Head of School and will, where necessary, be informed by the results of diagnostic placement tests in English and/or Mathematics. New entrants should also expect to meet with specialist subject teachers especially when they hope to enter exam classes.
The following documents will need to be provided by parents:
- A completed application form (downloaded as PDF)
- A photocopy of the pupil's passport and/or other official documents certifying nationality
- A transcript, in English, of academic performance from the pupil's previous school.
- A letter of reference from the school previously attended which gives us more information on academic potential, sociability, participation in school activities, etc.
- A photocopy of a currently valid residence permit.
An application for admission may be made prior to an appointment with the Head of School but the school cannot make a confirmed offer of a place until a prospective pupil has completed the interview process with the Head of School.
Once a pupil has been accepted into the school a fee agreement and payment schedule need to be signed. The registration is complete when the registration fee and first tuition fee installment is paid.